Income tax and other deductions may be taken off your gross pension amount. Register for and log in to your Online Services account to view “My Pension Account,” where you will find details on your current and historical monthly pension payments and the specific deductions that apply to you.

Income tax

Income tax is a mandatory deduction, and is calculated based only on your TRAF pension.

If you are living outside of Canada, income tax is deducted at the non-resident rate.

Income from other sources is not taken into consideration, so if you have other income during retirement, you may wish to increase the amount of income tax withheld from your pension.

Register for and log in to your Online Services account to try the tax calculator, which will help you determine the amount of income tax TRAF is required to withhold from your gross monthly pension.

You can increase your deduction by downloading and completing a Change Notification or calling us for a copy of the form.

If you move outside of Manitoba and your residency status changes for tax purposes, provide TRAF with new TD1 tax forms. New TD1 forms are also required if you want to change your tax credits.

Optional deductions

Depending on the benefits you select at retirement, the deductions below may be taken off your gross pension amount.

Although TRAF accepts deductions for these organizations, we do not administer the benefits they provide. Therefore, it is essential that you contact each organization directly if you have any questions regarding their benefits.

OrganizationPhone numberToll-free
Johnson (RTAM members only)1-877-989-2600
Manitoba Blue Cross204-775-01511-800-873-2583
The Civil Service Superannuation Board (CSSB)204-946-32001-800-432-5134